Friday, October 28, 2011

The Cashmere Saga - My Creative Process with Vintage


So I found this awesome vintage cashmere coat and am making some minor repairs. (Someone couldn't sew a button on straight and a tag is coming loose  :P) I don't do a lot of vintage unless we find a piece we really like and that is really special. I fell in love this deep rich camel color and want to make an item that will draw out its beauty without taking away from the coat and that will make this coat more unique... its a nice long very soft Cashmere... I am looking for something that says Soft warm cozy classy vintage Cashmere... so- here is the coat so far.

So what I usually end up doing is staring at something for quite a while... sometimes weeks... I will put different colors by it, different materials... who knows... until I find the hidden match- the relationship whether that of contrasts or compliments...

BUT... if anyone has any ideas for me- I'm all ears!

Share with us your creative process- We would love to hear it!!

XX

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment